View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 08:32 PM
BGBMX911
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: EMB-505 CA

I am a little biased, but I would not recommend Central Washington University. They have a good sales and marketing team, I’ll stop there. If you’re looking at Washington checkout Big Bend Community College Commercial Pilot Program. It’s a 2 year program and you will also earn your associates degree at the same time. I’m currently a 2nd year student working on my commercial. Hence, why I am biased. It’s a solid program that has a solid reputation among the airlines for turning out safe proficient pilots. It’s considerably less than CWU and the program is limited in size to benefit you not the schools bottom line. Everyone in the program is there to help and support you and they want you to succeed. I was considering many of the same schools you are, but a friend/mentor Alaska captain sent me to Big Bend and he graduated from CWU! A bachelor degree is a solid investment to fall back on, but many of the majors have dropped the four year requirement so really an associates degree is all you really must have. I will be getting my bachelors as a backup plan and just in case I do get an interview with a major I have an advantage over the other guys who only have their associates degree.

Last edited by BGBMX911; 08-19-2018 at 08:49 PM.