Old 08-20-2018, 05:57 PM
Baradium
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO

Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
I have pretty much omitted them, but the offer is there so it was worth a mention.
Understood.

If you absolutely want to go to American, go to PSA or another wholly owned of theirs. If you absolutely want to go to Delta, go to Endeavor. If you aren't firm on either, it depends on the tack you take. I personally think that Endeavor offers a much better QOL vs other regionals (I don't think that's actually up for argument), but with an AA regional you do have a guarantee of a job at a mainline eventually. At Endeavor you get a guaranteed interview (which in and of itself is big too, there are a lot of pilots out there who would love to just get that chance).

Short term I think you're looking at similar QOL because you can drive to a PSA base (that's if you get that base, I don't know how their bases trend). With Endeavor their most junior base is in a "good commute" path for you, although it requires driving AND getting on flights. Any better reserve rules or schedule at Endeavor will be at least partially offset by that. On the other hand, the pay is much much better at Endeavor. Endeavor also has the commuter policy which guarantees your commute if you give two flights to make it to work, which should take a lot of stress out of the game.

I think you'll get more information from current Endeavor employees, but that's my take on it.