Old 08-20-2018, 10:41 PM
bscott58d
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018
Position: FO

Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
Having offers from 3 airlines, GoJet, PSA, and Endeavor, I am faced with a decision that is hard to make not knowing the industry well.

I could drive just over two hours to a PSA base in Charlotte, or I could drive an hour and a half to the GoJet Raleigh domicile, or drive that hour and a half to commute from Raleigh to what I assume will be a LGA or JFK, possibly ATL domicile for Endeavor.

I could also commute from GSO which is an hour drive to commute for Endeavor.

Thoughts? I plan to post this in each airlines respective forum to hopefully get feedback from those pilots.
I’m at PSA until the 24th leaving for 9E or YX. The pilot group at PSA is great. Haven’t had a trip yet I’ve had any sort of bad experience with a crew yet. What’s not great however is our contract. For reserves it might as well be written on already used toilet paper. We were told in Dec that a new LOA for reserves would be no more than 60 days and still nothing. Our union reps might as well not exist b/c we don’t get updates from them.
If your coming to PSA a build up or line 2 is 10 months plus in CLT. You could commute to DC or ORF and hold a line much quicker, but then you might as well be commuting at Endeavor and making a lot more money.
As far as flow, PSA sends 10 a month and we have 2000 pilots. Do the math conservatively even considering attrition and lifers, and flow is in the 10 plus year range for new hires.