View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 04:05 AM
sherpster
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2016

I have talked with retiring military folks who are stressing over VA disability and getting a FAA physical. The FAA will give you a Class 1 medical even if you have all kinds of crap wrong with you. Just report it and deal with it. If you havent reported it yet then contact your regional FAA flight medical office and tell them the TRUTH today and they will get you squared away. They are the medical side of the FAA, not the enforcement side. If it is true these 3 guys were major airline pilots then can you imagine what a dumb move this was for these guys to not report their conditions?????? I have no idea if they will go to prison or not but it would not surprise me if they do. They say the VA hands out disability like candy (true) but the FAA hands out Class 1's like candy also. They dont care about your knee, wrist, elbow, or whatever else you have wrong with you. If you are claiming some mental issue with the VA then maybe you shouldnt be flying until you get that squared away. JUST BE HONEST PEOPLE!