Thread: E190s
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 06:47 PM
FlyingSlowly
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2015
Default E190s

A few questions:

1) The retirement has been pushed back from 2019 to 2020, right? But latest official word is that they are still out of the fleet by the end of 2020?

2) Have there been any serious E2 rumors? Delta has its A220s coming, increasingly serious E2-195 rumblings at UAL... Just wondering if there might be a last minute reversal and significant order for a bunch of E2 planes (and possibly the much larger E2-195 at that).

3) Anyone know why the E190s were exclusively put in PHL? It seems that CLT, for example, could have really used them on more routes and to more markets. There's obviously a gap between the 319s and the CRJ900s that just isn't well served.

[Full disclosure: The regional carrier I fly for will very likely pick up CRJ-900 flying where and when the E190s diminish. Not proud of that, but that's what AAL management is choosing to do. I'm asking these questions because they influence base growth and possibly my progression in base seniority at my regional. Have to consider PHL because I'm being forced to upgrade and forced out of my domicile after our MEC threw senior FOs under the bus at my regional...]

Last edited by FlyingSlowly; 09-02-2018 at 07:00 PM.