View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 06:03 PM
dera
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Fookz92 View Post
I will chime on here after reading this entire thread. Alot of good info.

I too am going through something similar as far as a training contract. Hired with the company a year ago I was told to sign a 12 month 14.5K training contract for x dollars a year. Yet no training was given. This would have never held up if I breached since nothing was spent on me. But I did so because I trusted the aircraft owner from doing previous business with him.

Was told in 6 months I would be considered for PIC type. (4th full type) I was given a slot and a class date. 1 week prior to class, they cancelled it on me because the airplane was "too busy" with trips. Fast forward 6 more months and I am standing in my hotel room at CAE in DFW with a new contract. 23k for 12 months of service pro rated, but nothing about the pay. I felt like something was fishy here but I signed it and sent it back in. (I was wrong here).

PIC typed now, making SIC pay with PIC duties. Pt 91 flying last year with 2 pilots and no schedule. This year we are 91/135 with still 2 pilots and no schedule. I will be home only 6 days this month of September!

Now I am being offered a job with six figures and im only 2 months into the current contract. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place with a bad feeling in your gut. Will the new guy pay the management company off? Maybe, who knows? Yes, I want to jump ship because I am a disgruntled employee.
But my integrity and reputation is everything to me because in this industry, It is about who you know. And aviation IS such a small world.
No training -> no consideration -> no contract.
Basic UCC/contract law stuff.