Old 11-21-2007, 09:27 PM
DLax85
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Monkey

Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
jetstar -

From mgmnts mouth -

They will offer FDA slots to poolies at no risk (can stay in the pool if you want). If they don't get enough poolies, they hire from outside. Again, that is direct from mgmnt. Yes, that could change, but I find it irritating that people feed you gloom and doom when it is only their personal wag.

When the call comes, just ask. This board was full of all the same 'take it or else' fodder when they were hiring to ANC. Had me scared (wasn't interested in Alaska) and turned out to be complete BS. They were very straight forward and open, and more than willing to leave you in the pool. The call is very friendly, by the way, and not a pressure event. I am proof that you can 'just say no' and still get in the door here.

I think all the 'take it or leave it' mythology was rumorism from an incident where some knucklehead agreed to go to ANC, and then backed out the Sunday night before he was to have started training. Good luck, and don't let this board scare you.
Good advice...the only thing I change is "don't ask first" --- just listen.

If things haven't changed since summer of 06 when they were offering "a MD11 FO slot to ANC next week, or wait in the pool in interview order, for a 727 slot to MEM" ---- they will talk you thru your options when they call you.

If they don't give you options --- then of course, ask!