View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 11:40 AM
155mm
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by ticrandall View Post
I'm in a similar situation. Although, I know I'll have to take a pay cut..

I've read on both Skywest and Republic job postings that they require 250FW Time, Skywest specifies its PIC, Republic does not.

My question is.. Whats the likelihood at this point of getting hired on at that minimum.. I've got 4k total time, and only 125 fw right now. (MEL Comm/Inst). Trying to decided if I should go to a local commuter flying a C208 for a year to get more fixed wing time, or just bang out another 125 hours and go right into regionals.

Thanks for the input!
Being “qualified” and experienced are two different things! Flying the line, even as a 135 pilot, gives you some experience to make the leap RW to RJ. It’s not rocket science but it is a leap. Hate to see people take a pay cut but if you look at the big picture, potential earnings are much higher in fixed wing.

PS I have 15000 total with mostly heavy jet, when I retire, what kind of helicopter jobs are available to me with a 50 hour commercial rotor wing add on, R22 time? Oh, and I really need 100k plus a year because I don’t want to take a pay cut. Sorry for the Sarcasm.

Last edited by 155mm; 09-14-2018 at 11:53 AM.