Old 09-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Palmtree Pilot
7.27%

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Boeing

Originally Posted by ckap130 View Post
Palm Tree,

I'll start by saying our hiring process certainly has room for improvement...without a doubt.

By your resume alone you are extremely well qualified. But UPS doesn't hire just off resumes. You had 3 face to face interactions with HR and they made the decision to take a pass on a well qualified applicant; why? I would look as objectively as you can at those previous face to face interactions because that is where the problem lies. Don't be fooled by the relaxed environment. Those are on the spot interviews and if you don't get past them you will never get a call. Whether you realized it or not somewhere that 10 min discussion went off the rails. If you can figure that part out and try again I think you will get much better results.

Best of luck to you.
Yep, you're probably 100% right. I've always known I don't do well trying to be someone else and even with paid coaching, I still manage to un-impress HR people. For 18 years of a civilian career after the Army, I always gotten along with the people I have flown with, granted the few in every bunch that I may have butted heads with. I guess some of us just aren't meant to be in the top companies, but I think my future will be bright soon.

Thanks for the advice.

Let the shortage rage on!