View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 08:52 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by Fookz92 View Post
PIC typed now, making SIC pay with PIC duties. Pt 91 flying last year with 2 pilots and no schedule. This year we are 91/135 with still 2 pilots and no schedule. I will be home only 6 days this month of September!

Now I am being offered a job with six figures and im only 2 months into the current contract. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place with a bad feeling in your gut. Will the new guy pay the management company off? Maybe, who knows? Yes, I want to jump ship because I am a disgruntled employee.
But my integrity and reputation is everything to me because in this industry, It is about who you know. And aviation IS such a small world.
Use that six figure salary to pay off the contract if you're bound, and if your new employer won't help you out, and move on; make it right by all counts.

I've had numerous occasions when I've been offered a fantastic job, but had committed to the then-current employer. The commitments were nothing more than a handshake in most cases; my word that I'd give them the time upon which we agreed. My word is good because I live by it.

When the job offer came in, I told the prospective employer, as I always do, "I appreciate the offer and hope you'll keep me in mind. I have promised this employer, and I won't do it to them, as I wouldn't do it to you." The prospective employer has always appreciated my position, and some of the job offers remained on the table, others went away.

On several occasions, I called up the former offer and asked if it was still available. Not only was it available, I was at work a few days later. Integrity counts.