View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:26 AM
Fookz92
Captain who?

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Backseat

Originally Posted by JohnBurke View Post
Use that six figure salary to pay off the contract if you're bound, and if your new employer won't help you out, and move on; make it right by all counts.

I've had numerous occasions when I've been offered a fantastic job, but had committed to the then-current employer. The commitments were nothing more than a handshake in most cases; my word that I'd give them the time upon which we agreed. My word is good because I live by it.

When the job offer came in, I told the prospective employer, as I always do, "I appreciate the offer and hope you'll keep me in mind. I have promised this employer, and I won't do it to them, as I wouldn't do it to you." The prospective employer has always appreciated my position, and some of the job offers remained on the table, others went away.

On several occasions, I called up the former offer and asked if it was still available. Not only was it available, I was at work a few days later. Integrity counts.
Yes, exactly. And that is why I will NOT jump ship and run it up my old company's a$$. Someone has to say for the bill in the end. I have been getting phone calls for job offers left and right but I made the commitment and I am sticking to it. Integrity is everything. Hindsight is 20/20.