Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Guppydriver95
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by TCASTESTOK View Post
I took the video and took out the background noise, this is what I could make out to the best of my ability.

If anyone else wants to take a crack at it just download the audio from the video into the sound editor of your choice. I used audacity with a treble cut EQ.
***THIS ARE NOT EXACT QUOTES IT IS WHAT I COULD MAKE OUT AFTER EQUALIZATION***

agent; I have to check. I tried to put you on the standby list.
CA: I wanna wait to see if I can get on. Im skipping you guys.

agent; I cant. I tried to put you on the standby list, I cannot put you on the standby list.

customer: hes in public for god sakes show some respect man. your a pilot dude you work for delta show some respect.

agent; i turn my back for...{unintelligble}

pilot; i wish everyone at skywest had to [sounds like "deal with this for a week"]

pilot: well take a hike?

2:11 [sound similar to hand slamming on desk]

pilot: let me know my options i need you to help me

2:40 pilot: ill take a walk, ill...

pilot: got two of em (possibly referring to number of jumpseats on aircraft)

pilot: well {maybe or then] ill get lost thats what ill do.

3:52 "that's an MD80, right? "No, that's an Airbus." and then more arguing, with her finally saying "I'm just trying to do my job."
--from shyguys post

also going onto SGs post she says

agent:I am doing my job the way the company tells me...no it doe not work {like that?}
then gate agent says

that is not allowed...

But still regardless of what I heard on the recording its still def a TOTD move. Remember there are always other flights. THIS is why commuter clauses exist. So crews dont argue or berate gate agents who are just doing their jobs.

This is why the Captain should “make the walk” to check for Jumpseaters and standbys. Had that happened, this would have been a non event. Captain comes out, sees pilot, directs agent to print Jumpseat authorization card, case closed.