Thread: FlexJet rumors
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 06:04 AM
ATIS
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Originally Posted by jwl337 View Post
I have an interview offer with these folks, I'm pretty happy doing what I am now flying corporate and contract flying in Citations making 60+ with a lot of flexibility in my schedule. So they need to really wow me to leave.

You will still have flexibility on your days off at FJ . If you are looking to upgrade quick you might be disappointed.we still have 17 Phenom SIC with hire dates in 2000 and 2001 who are still waiting, so a 2018 hire date might have to wait a bit. That is not counting all the SIC in the Challengers and “Legacy who will drop down to the Phenom to get the PIC slot. If you are close to the end of your career and just want to ride it out as an SIC it will probably be OK.

I've heard rumors such as - You have to show up at the FBO early af like 5am and just sit there regardless of what time your first trip departs, and that's when your duty day starts no matter what.

That use to happen but not anymore.I would be surprised if it did happen again

Also they seem to brag about their uniforms but I've heard they are kinda crap.

It is true they brag about the uniforms and it is true they are crap. The pant don’t fit unless you buy 2 sizes too big then have a tayor fix them. That is what most guys do. I did that and now they look and feel like pajama bottoms.

Finally just curious if the PBS type schedule is truly better for flexibility in one's life or if it has you running like gangbusters and flying every weekend especially with low seniority.

It all depends on money and QOL. If you want the money and don’t care about QOL then the PBS is for you.If you can live with less money but want a hard schedule then the 8/7 hard lines are for you. With PBS you can request a particular day off and most likely will get it but be prepared to pay for it with longer work line and fewer days off between them that month.

I plan to complete the phone interview just to say hello and I have nothing to lose. Would love to hear honest input from a current or former FJ guy (or girl).

Good luck, One thing you should ask yourself is if your current job is that bad that you are willing to make a jump to a company that lost 150+ pilots in the last year and a half and just 8 this month alone.