View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 07:23 AM
JMO127
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Blutarsky View Post
I'm not on Facebook, but I received two screenshots from a pilot who is a member of a page called Corporate Aviation Job Listings. On August 24, 2018 a recruiter from Flexjet said she is looking to hire 170 pilots this year. The exchange that followed is the reason for this thread.
Pilot1: I think upgrade time exceeds 11 years or so?
Pilot2: They say about 3 years.
Pilot1: I was going by what was listed on airlinepilotcentral.com, good to hear, thanks.
Flex recruiter: Hi, Pilot1! We are running a 3 year upgrade. We are forecasting that to be less because of the 22 new aircraft we're getting and all the hiring we're doing.

This started me thinking. There has been a lot of back and forth about whether Flexjet management is honest or not. This is a perfect opportunity to settle the question. The 3 year time period starts on September 1, 2018 and runs through September 1, 2021. There were 245 listed first officers on the seniority list. 10 FOs have been awarded PIC slots since then. That leaves 235 FOs to go in 35 months. It works out to 6.7 pilots per month. Or 7 pilots for 25 months and 6 pilots for 10 months. There is currently another bid for upgrades. It closes this first week of October I believe. Every time there is a bid and/or every month, I'll update this thread. We will all be able to see the facts. No name calling or bashing! Just a fair viewing of the facts!
Do you think it's possibly due to the fact that some don't deserve to upgrade and shouldn't be upgraded? Just a thought. Also, I've got friends that work there on planes other than the Phenom. They have been there 14 months, 19 months, and 28 months respectively. All can currently hold a PIC in the Phenom, they just choose NOT to bid it. In case you weren't aware, they tell you explicitly that the way it works is you come in assigned to another fleet, and will upgrade to the Phenom as a captain FIRST. That is the truth sir! Problem is, is that folks would rather come on here a ***** and complain and whine until the cows come home. They can upgrade now but don't dare bid the phenom, but they think they should upgrade differently than what company allows and that they are somehow special and the rules simply don't apply to them. They've been told they're special and believe it. The fact is, you can easily upgrade in the 3 year time gap they predict, yet people make the choice NOT TO and then openly blame the company and management. If your're gonna pay me 90k to fly a phenom, yes please. Any day of the week and twice on Sunday.