View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 09:10 AM
OneMore
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: E175 FO

Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
It almost seems like they are doing that. Breaking up and getting rid of parts of VX they just bought, probably at a premium to their actual value. And even for Horizon, the transition back to jets hasn't gone well. Huge disconnect between aircraft and aircrew availability and Horizon vs Skywest codeshare flying. It's almost like they are banking crews against a huge future expansion at Horizon while at the same time they are limiting growth or scaling back at mainline.

A lot of Alaska pilots complain that AAG acts like a huge regional. Maybe that's the plan - cut back mainline flying and just become a huge regional? Who knows? Right now they are just giving away money to guys on reserve at Horizon that do embarrassingly little flying. Not efficient, not economical, and not good for those pilots career progression either when you struggle to make consolidation in four months.

Either there's something really Machiavellian going on and the Angle Lake Mafiosi are outsmarting everybody, or they are incredibly inept. It doesn't seem like there is a middle ground between those two possibilities.

I guess time will tell.

I want to trust they have a strategy behind their decisions, but it's becoming hard to believe that when you see what they're doing with virgin.

To me it's just a matter of time until offers start coming in.