Old 11-26-2007, 05:48 AM
flyingsioux
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Default Petty misdemeanor and the future or my career with a major/fractional

Just wondering how much a class b misdemeanor will hamper the rest of my career post-regional (majors or fractional). I have ZERO other criminal record...not even a speeding ticket in the last 4 years. I have not been to court yet but the charge is not alcohol, drug, traffic or violence related...just a stupid petty misdemeanor during a moment of irresponsibility. Just wondering what effect it will have on my career should I be convicted....has anyone experienced this or know of anyone that has? I'm sure I'm not the only pilot in the industry with a petty misdemeanor but I dont want it holding back my career....

For those wondering the charge is for issuing a check without funds. I just returned from training for my current regional job and while I was gone for that two months the agency mailed me a notice on October 3rd that I had ten days to make payment or they would press charges. Well, I received that letter earlier this week, as well as a notice of warrant from the local county sherriff and two letters from my bank (I have two accounts and rarely use the one in question) This is NOT typical of me as I am usually very responsible, however as I mentioned I am aware its my own stupid fault for not having my mail forwarded and I take responsobility for that. I received both letters late Saturday night and plan to contact the county sherriff and a lawyer first thing in the morning to see what my options are. Hopefully under the circumstances I wont be facing a misdemeanor and can simply make restitution. I wrote the check, I'll pay the check and take full resposibility I just dont want this haunting me for years. It was nothing but an honest mistake...