View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation Paying 4 your own hotels = Interest-free Loan

Originally Posted by MrPilot1 View Post
It was 10-5. We are now 8-6. Great company to work for. Yes, you pay for you hotels. I’ve never been short one cent on my reimbursement every week. Pay is always on time (no complaints on the $$$ side of things). All operations are charter and owner flights. I’ve been there 6 months now and no complaints. In fact, I have other friends trying to get on board.

Hey, seriously, and with total respect but........

I'm glad that you are happy and like it there, but be careful with that paying for your own hotels deal. When Kalitta shut down in 2000, and before they were resurrected, pilots had thousands of Dollars on their American Express cards that they never got reimbursed for. They were excited about all the points that they were earning until the Company quit reimbursing them. I'm glad that you haven't been shorted thus far, and maybe you won't, but you are putting your credit at risk unless you are independently wealthy and/or you pay for your rooms in cash. If things ever go South with the economy, fuel prices ect., that money might be tough to get back when other, more powerful creditors with their own lawyers are pounding on the same door you are. By asking you to pay for your own hotels, you are in effect being made to give them an interest-free loan.

OK, 'nuff said. And no,... I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone weren't against me. Good Luck.