View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 07:53 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by khergan View Post
Hey ladies & gentlemen -

I'd like to solicit your advice and opinions on my situation. I'm in Army FW ISR land and I'm looking to possibly make the jump into civilian land in two years. At the time that my ADSO expires, I will have about 12.5 years active time in the Army and 4 years Reserve. By my calculations, I'd only need to do 4 years in the USAR as a TPU guy to get my retirement.

My experience is:

1000 hours (currently), 800 Fixed wing multi-engine time, 300 PIC in FW multi engine. Currently have Commercial Instrument / B350 / B200 / S-70 type and Single engine ratings with the FAA. I anticipate having 1400-1500 hours and at hopefully 500 PIC hours in RC/MC-12s by the time I'm eligible to get out. I hope to get my CTP/ATP done but that's not a guarantee depending on unit climate.

Question 1: Assuming I can get 400-500 hours in the next two years, am I competitive for anything or am I going to need to go to the regionals?

You will be competitive FOR the regionals. It is unlikely you would be competitive for most of the major airlines with less than a thousand hours of TPIC or any 121 time at all.