View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 04:06 PM
Avroman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: FIRE ALPA

Originally Posted by WMUFlyboy1 View Post
Normally I would say you are correct and congrats are in order to Trans States, but understand the political issues at Frontier.

Frontier is signing these "flow" agreements to subvert the pilot group's collective bargaining. I would not wish Frontier on my own worst enemy. Things are very bad there right now with no end in sight. They are at the point of striking, but likely will not be released during this administration.

The leverage Frontier pilots have right now (since they likely will be unable to strike) is the fact that no one who understands the state of Frontier wants to go there. This is the Frontier management response to that. Remember that Frontier is owned by Indigo Partners the same group that owned Spirit during their strike (same negotiation tactics used against Spirit back then).

So please, for the good of yourself and the profession, stay away from Frontier.
Just remember you can make twice as much and have better work rules your first year at Endeavor flying a CRJ200. Until Frontier AT LEAST matches Spirit, nobody should be going there, and for that matter their FO's should be looking like ours circa 2014.