View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 05:15 PM
UConnQB14
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: Glass
Default tools for an airline

am i wrong to believe that there is some niche remaining in this market? understanding that management and the corporate side really helps make a great airline, is there anything left for entry into the market.. i did my economic thesis on the deregulation of the industry back when Braniff and TWA were MONSTERS in the industry and one thing i noticed is that there are actually routes that no one has touched.... im not about to say i will go into business and try to have an airline service these routes, but it would be interesting to see if it would be work...

like the thread says, what tools would help build an airline to service these routes.. what airplanes, what pilots (regional minimums or major?), and who runs it... everyone says management, but where do you get that kind of experience, and the investors too?

there needs to be someone on the inside (pilots) that can understand how to run an efficient airline out of small airports with connections to larger places... old airports like Tweed New Haven in CT used to have commercial service but no longer and those customers need to drive 2 hours to the airport, kind of strange.