View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 06:18 AM
TheWeatherman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by DuKo View Post
Could you take a look at that PDF for me or DM me a copy? I'm not in a position yet to get recruiters on the phone because I have a few years before retirement from the military. I'm not so much concerned with the new soft pay "although it is always a factor" but how is the retirement plan laid out? I'm looking to interview with a solid regional in a few years and I am trying to stay put somewhere and build seniority. A respectable retirement plan is a must for me. I have noticed people mention 140 as the top pay at YX, is that a thing now? Any help would be appreciated.
The only thing retirement related any of these Regionals is going to have is 401K and flight benefits. I don't know how the 401K stacks up, but there is not that much difference between the Regionals. The good thing about working at a place like Republic who does all three Majors is that you could get retirement benefits on American, United, and Delta, whereas if you work at a place like Endeaver it would just be for Delta.

All this information is available in Aerocrew News (Free digital subscription). As a matter of fact, anybody who is looking to go to the Regionals in the near future should be reading that and keeping up with the contract changes. Not so much for the fluff pieces in the beginning, but for the tables in the back that compare all the airlines.

Now after saying all of that, if you are more then a few years from mandatory retirement when getting out of the Military; unless the current climate changes, retiring from a Regional should not be your goal.