Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 01:14 PM
Iflyjve
SkyPaPa

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, Todd!

I'm hoping I can help you out with some answers.
We don't have any pay to fly programs, especially in regards to BE99 Captains.

You might be talking about our Accelerated Captain Program - that puts pilots that have over 800 TT in the right seat of a BE99 or BE1900. You'll go through training first then we'll put you on our highest timed routes to get you to Captain mins asap. During your time as an ACP FO, we'll pay you (not Captain pay, but you'll get paid!) and cover travel, lodging, and per diem while away from your home on assignment at any of our bases. You'll be on an actual route, flying with an Ameriflight Captain.
Once you hit 1,200 TT, 50 ME, 500 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument, you'd become a full BE99 Captain.

Hope that helps!
I am in a very similar situation although I did apply for the BE 99 FO position. I am just short of 1100 hours and just short of the cross country hours. I was in email contact with a recruiter and was told to let them know when I get close to 1100. I replied that I was at 1085 and I did not get a reply. I assumed that meant I needed to be at 1100 or more. So would that be the case? Would my combination of just short of 1100 and just short of the 500 cross country (aprox 490) be the reason I am not yet getting an interview?