Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 12:21 AM
ZippyNH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by AV810 View Post
I'm not clear on where a person calls home with Ameriflight, hoping someone can clarify. Do you live near the central base and just hang out all day at the outstation? If so, what happens on a weekend when the last flight leaves you and the plane at the outstation? I'm SO confused.
Simply put, it depends...
Some routes are based at the hub...so afternoons at the outstation, unless it's an out and back run...there are a few of those at some bases, and often they rotate with the based pilots to get you a bit more time at home.
Some are out based...so you fly into the hub, spend the night, then fly out in the AM, then have all day at home...when I was starting out, the outbased runs IMO were pretty good (lower cost of living) if you are ok with smaller town life. The oubased runs are now typically in the minority now.
And some pilots are Home Based....
So it will be situation dependant...
If you go to the website, you can usually see on the specific runs/postions that are open, what the situation is.
Sorry to not have a simple answer, but it actually is an advantage....you can find what suits you best!

Last edited by ZippyNH; 10-18-2018 at 12:32 AM.