View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 10:25 AM
Stoked27
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Default VA Voc Rehab for Flight Training

If anyone has successfully navigated VA Voc Rehab for flight training can you please PM me or explain via a post any hurdles you had to jump through?

I’m familiar with the process of applying and what the regs say, but when I was living in a different state (not a heavy flight training state) the Voc Rehab counselor said immediately when I sat down in her chair, paraphrased, ‘Oh we don’t do any flight training, that’s been abused elsewhere so we won’t allow it.’ I know that’s not according to the regs, but that’s what she communicated to me. She said that they were getting heavily reviewed for errors and that they were under a three strike rule (if she got caught improperly allocating funds three times she would get in trouble), but as an in-office rule, their location had a policy of not approving flight training.

I’m considering re-applying if I’m allowed to have a discussion with a counselor who HAS processed a person for flight training so I can get an appropriate review according to the regs and not location specific rules they created in-house. I live in Florida now. I know the standard process, but following the same bureaucracy I’m expecting the same results, i.e. the definition of stupid, so I’m interested in hearing from someone who has actually gotten through the red tape. Thanks in advance.