View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 10:54 AM
DuKo
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Position: E135 Captain

Originally Posted by TheWeatherman View Post
The only thing retirement related any of these Regionals is going to have is 401K and flight benefits. I don't know how the 401K stacks up, but there is not that much difference between the Regionals. The good thing about working at a place like Republic who does all three Majors is that you could get retirement benefits on American, United, and Delta, whereas if you work at a place like Endeaver it would just be for Delta.

All this information is available in Aerocrew News (Free digital subscription). As a matter of fact, anybody who is looking to go to the Regionals in the near future should be reading that and keeping up with the contract changes. Not so much for the fluff pieces in the beginning, but for the tables in the back that compare all the airlines.

Now after saying all of that, if you are more then a few years from mandatory retirement when getting out of the Military; unless the current climate changes, retiring from a Regional should not be your goal.
I found the pdf.
The 401k match breakdown is:
Yr
1-4= 3%
5= 3.5%
6-9= 5.5%
10-12 = 6%
13-15 = 8%
16+ = 9%

These are the numbers that start in 2020. The pay increase in 2020 is nice too, but I see where people are mad because it wasnt quite EDV or better. Close, but not quite.

Thanks for the link.
I just started following these forums not too long ago. I started my aviation career as a FW guy in deland, fl. I turned down a job with ASA back when the airlines were paying pilots with old shirt buttons and pocket lint but I have alot of friends who went on and got jobs, so I've been talking to them when I have questions. I am finding you guys to be helpful because you are more recent in the positions.

My goal is to not get into a cycle of upgrade and become the low guy on the seniority list. I'm more concerned with home time than money. I will have about 22 years before mandatory retirement. If I choose to move on, I will. I would never say never. What I am looking for right now is a company where if I choose to stay, I'll have a decent enough salary and 401k to be comfortable.
Thank you guys. I appreciate the insight.