View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 PM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by JungleJetDriver View Post
I’d like to think positive about SAI and Atlas’ future. And I’m sure I’m just being naive and ignorant. But, doesn’t most history show a leapfrog effect on CBA’s? Couldn’t the SAI and Atlas Mec’s, along with the full support of each pilot group go to the negotiating table with a contract similar to purple or brown? Do the pilots not have the upper hand in today’s industry? Isn’t there something that can be done to get the company to see that the pilot groups only want a fair, industry leading contract? It’s business right? So when it becomes non-profitable to be a pilot for them you leave to where there is a profit to be made. They would.
If the company is truly dragging their knuckles on negotiations then the pilot groups must take action to force their hand to sign an acceptable contract or pull the plug. $#)+ or get off the pot.
Atlas and SAI are Teamsters with an EXCO (ALPA has the MEC's). And they work well together.

Pilots ARE leaving: about 200 in the last year alone - more than 10%. Been happening for several years, now.

The problem is the old anti-union contract that was originally forced on us back in the early 2000's. Bad merger language allowed the company to avoid having to sign a new contract - ever - as long as they purchased a new airline, no matter how small, every time the current contract came up for ratification.

Sucks.