View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 08:56 PM
Imeneo

Default Owning Your Own Airplane (Cessna 210)

I've been dreaming of this since I started my PPL over 10 months ago. Perhaps someday when I have the money I will buy a plane and just do island hopping in the Caribbean.

There are several planes that I like at least asthetically, the Cessna Cardinal (177), Rockwell Commander 114, and especially the Cessna 210. There was a Cessna 210M was on eBay.com several weeks ago and the photos just took my breath away... what a well kept, good looking airplane! Three blade props, retractable gear and 6 passengers, the Cessna 210 is the plane of my dreams... hopefully one day when I'm able to afford one, there might be a few in such good condition as the one in the attached photo.

I guess what this all boils down to is that once you pay your 150K for an airplane, what kinds of expenses do you incur regularly or even periodically to keep the plane in flying order. I've been told that at some point you have to replace the engine and that costs upwards of 15K for a low time used one.

Additionally, what might be the size of your loan payments each month as well as the cost of insurance? I've heard that insurance can get pretty expensive, but then again I've heard people say that $80/month for car insurance was pretty expensive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
e7_3.jpg (45.1 KB, 346 views)

Last edited by Imeneo; 04-07-2006 at 09:00 PM.