View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 09:09 AM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
If the only exposure I had of ALPA was from my days at the regional, I would agree with you.
Being at K4, got to see what ALPA is really like, and you are delusional if you think a truck driving union has better resources available to pilots.
What I think really is going on is that Atlas enjoys being a big fish in a small pond, rather than being a small fish in the Pacific ocean.
With that said, I hope you guys get your new contract and you get what you want, near Fed Ex rates.
I had 14 years under ALPA at my previous ACMI carrier and saw first hand just how they treat any airline other than Delta, FedEx, and United. A big fish in a small pond is much better than fish food in the ocean.

But it is difficult to clearly have a better picture of ALPA since they took over at K4, what, just about a year ago. And don't forget that it is a Teamster contract you are operating under.

I hope we get the mother of all contracts, too. I believe that a rising tide lifts all ships. And had K4 stayed under the Teamster banner, they would be in the same harbor as the rest of the DHL/Amazon ACMI carriers and make this a better, stronger collective team of pilot groups. I think it was a mistake and an insult for K4 to abandon Teamster after the contract, but the pilot group fell for the rantings of a few malcontents and their mis-information agenda.

We at Atlas are doing our best to forge a new contract under very difficult legal constraints and the rantings of the few who spout anti union/anti EXCO propaganda here need to be ignored. As we have seen, they have nothing constructive to add and only like to hear their own voices.