View Single Post
Old 10-26-2018, 11:03 AM
Lockheed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: B777 CA

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
I had 14 years under ALPA at my previous ACMI carrier and saw first hand just how they treat any airline other than Delta, FedEx, and United. A big fish in a small pond is much better than fish food in the ocean.

But it is difficult to clearly have a better picture of ALPA since they took over at K4, what, just about a year ago. And don't forget that it is a Teamster contract you are operating under.

I hope we get the mother of all contracts, too. I believe that a rising tide lifts all ships. And had K4 stayed under the Teamster banner, they would be in the same harbor as the rest of the DHL/Amazon ACMI carriers and make this a better, stronger collective team of pilot groups. I think it was a mistake and an insult for K4 to abandon Teamster after the contract, but the pilot group fell for the rantings of a few malcontents and their mis-information agenda.

We at Atlas are doing our best to forge a new contract under very difficult legal constraints and the rantings of the few who spout anti union/anti EXCO propaganda here need to be ignored. As we have seen, they have nothing constructive to add and only like to hear their own voices.
I was right there with you for 14 years
do you remember when Randy Babbitt wrote us a check for a cool million for SPC?
that doesn't sound like lack of support to me
wanna know what we got from teamsters during negotiations - ZERO - we even had to pay for our lawyer - boy that was money down a hole

As far as K4 going to ALPA - I can tell you as one who was deep inside the K4 1224 leadership, and same for ALPA today - 1224 and APA are a complete sh!t show in comparison. YMMV but that's what I have seen and see today

as far as the fish go - what your saying is because atlas is the big fish the little fish can go to he!! - got it