View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 05:45 AM
captjns
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

The best part of ACMI is that many times I did not know where my next adventure was taking me. Not every place was a garden spot on the planet... true. However, we always made the best of where ever we went. Sometimes we had to observe State Department protocols as it related to security. Although most times is was an all expense paid vacation. Ground handlers, in most destinations, took good care of us as far as what to see, and reputable saloons to visit. Made a lot of friends along the way in many locations.

Yeah we had mechanical issues on the road, especially in places where we’d rather not be, however we all leant a hand with the PFE to get the jet out in one piece. I guess years back there was more camaraderie than today, while still today, the less desirable spots do exist.

Yeah the pay wasn’t the greatest. Yeah the hotels weren’t 7 star. Yeah the jets weren’t shiny and new.... But I wouldn’t trade the ACMI experience I had. Great flying experience.