View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 06:56 AM
UnusualAttitude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by LJ Driver View Post
Hello everyone, I am not an employee and getting prepared to drop some applications, trying to gather as much data as I can. Sometimes guys use these forums to gripe and complain about their company - which I understand completely (I work for the USAF... it's a side gig for all of us too). But, everything I can put together from 1000 different sources says that FedEx is still one of the best places to work.

For you folks that are working there now, care to share any of your favorite things, good deals, benefits, etc that you like about the company? Trip locations? Good hotels? Food? Maybe things people don't know much about?

Thanks!
When people say, “there is a schedule for everyone at FedEx” that is absolutely true. It’s great. It takes some seniority but more options than anywhere else. Double dead head, days, nights, week on - week off, single departure lines, etc. FDA’s if that interests you. Only at FX.

Our vacation takes a little while to figure out but it’s the best in the industry. You’ll earn it with the night flying but it really creates opportunity to have time to invest as you see fit. Or you can use vacation to maximize income. Again, options.

Trip locations, hotels, etc are pretty equivalent to the other airlines. Although we don’t hit as many “vacation destinations” in the US or abroad. There are still some hidden gems where you can unwind on a long layover.

Unless you live in a fortress hub for a major that you could see yourself working for, I think FX is a great place to retire to. See previous posts about night flying. It ain’t no joke.

-UA