View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:20 AM
tommy2times
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by symbian simian View Post
Just for a bit of perspective, you will work those 7 days on. Most majors you won’t work more than half the days, and would pay a lot more. I work for Spirit, and worked fractional for 8 years before, and this is the easier job. Second year pay at NJ on the 7/7 is 66K, to make that at spirit you would need to get 600 hours credit, so work about 10 days a month, and the difference only goes up from there. Future upgrades are always a guesstimate, but I expect spirit to go up to 5-6 years, and NJ to come down to maybe 7. As a 7 year captain on the 7/7 you make 130K, I already made 180K+ this year as a 5 year captain and I don’t work more than 15 days a month because I commute (definitely would be more living in base). Spirit is the worst paying major out there, there is second year wide body FOs at the legacies who make more than I do.
I just helped a friend get on at spirit after 10 years at NJ.....

Good luck with your decision.
I am in the same vote, trying really hard to decide between a wholly owned Direct Entry Captain or NJ. I was impressed with NJ but lots of negativity and seems like hard work compared to 121 world. HELP!!!