View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:10 PM
NorthTxFlyBoy
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Citation X, SIC

Originally Posted by Mr. Irrelevant View Post
Have to agree with this. This TA seems to be a "keep the pilots happy TA" and prevent some losses to the majors and Part 91's as their hiring ramps up. I'm sure the other fracs will lose pilots to NJ but unless their losing 20% or more of their pilots each year, it probably won't have too much of an effect on those other fracs. I'd guess this new TA COUPLED with opportunities elsewhere might force at least some adjustments upward in pay and benefits. That's a great thing but I don't think this TA alone will do it.

Mr. I.
You need to re-read what he said. His post, nor the TA, have anything to do with NJA losing pilots to the majors or competing fractionals now or in the future.

The company wanted relief from certain parts of the current contract. It cost them accross-the-board pay raises to bring it to a vote by the pilot membership.

For every pilot NJA loses to the competition, and they are rare, there are hundreds of eager applicants waiting in the wings. This is hardly a situation in which the company needs to dangle a carrot to keep us around.

-NTFB