View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 03:32 AM
ACMItrash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by MarkThyme View Post
Let's try this again. Maybe I should have quoted your post with its title so that it would be more clear.

Your contention (title included) is that "folks are quitting without a job... because its sooooo toxic".

My response was that if you're leaving this place without another job lined up (which we all know is something you just don't do in this business unless you're planning to get out entirely) because you think that this is simply THE WORST JOB, LIKE, EVAR, then you're probably a bit too snowflakish for this business and for life in general, because whatever the issues might be at ABX, they are not so bad that the average well-adjusted adult is going to run screaming out the door.

I further stated with 95% confidence that you were making your claim on the basis of one new-hire who quit in the face of an impending training failure, which would tend to undermine your blanket statement that pilots are simply leaving without regard to future employment because they just can't stand it anymore. That was just an educated guess based on things I hear and things I can see, but now I'm going to assume I was correct.

If you're going to make an argument, base it on something solid. Like I said in my previous reply, it's bad enough that ABX is reduced to hiring pilots who can't make it through training (and even using "pilots" in the plural is overstating it at this point unless there have been others that I don't know about). You could have just said that. It would be difficult to argue against it, because it has the benefit of being true. But a hyperbolic pronouncement based on the twisting of a single quit-before-failure into "folks are leaving without a job... because its sooooo toxic" is just weak, and does more to discredit you than to highlight the real frustrations that exist among the ABX pilot group.

I read the survey results. I participated in the survey. I'm one of those who has applications out there and is planning to leave (when I have another job lined up). None of the questions asked if anyone was planning to just up and leave without someplace to go.

And can we just stop with the "management troll" responses now? That's one of the stupidest tropes out there. "You disagree with me so you MUST be management!" It's just dumb. Do better.
I'd say this post is intresting because I never made a claim someone quit having no where to go. That was someone else. But if you can look at the 50+ pilots who left and get a clue abx has no idea how to treat pilots then you must not see it!

We had plenty of pilots quit and go back to their old job and even leave far jobs that pay less. Argue that point!