Old 11-23-2018, 12:16 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
John,

You think you know a lot about me. I did not quit.
I know a hell of a lot about you, and yes, you did quit. You've made that crystal clear here, dozens of times, in your pedantic mission to disparage the industry and all who are in it. You're the kid that couldn't make it, quit, and took your ball to leave, then came back to the field and cried bloody murder for years on end, and you're still here.

John,
As a result, I discovered success outside of aviation.
No, you didn't. You've got a Cessna 150 and an overinflated sense of self. You've banged on the industry to no end, winging and whining about the inability to "live like a king," and have attempted to wax poetic (something you'll never do) about the decay of the industry at large. If you could spit, you'd have done so; your central theme is that airline pilots are supposed to live like kings, but live like paupers, and you left to find the path that could never be had in aviation. I ask you again, are you living like a king?

I do not share your assessment of my experience.
Of course not. You failed. You don't see it that way. Anybody that knows your history, as you've vomited it up here in public time and time again, during your vitriol against professional aviation, knows all too well. You've been revealed, mate. You're the one that did it.

Too bad you can't read your own press.

During that time I held a variety of meaningful positions that span charter, corporate, and airline.
You've tried to stand by 10 years in the past...perhaps you're adding up current years and trying to call them your time in aviation too. Who knows? It's clear from your postings, especially your whip-saw flipping between walking away and begging for work at entry level places, that your experience in aviation was minimal and inconsequential. You've plastered this site with your resume before.

I am not going to get in line at an airline ever again unless it is for a situation that is near perfect for me. Anything less than that and I have better things to do.
Anything less than perfect isn't in your bailywick, as you don't have the chops for it. You lack the experience, are not remotely current, and your attitude has proven so poor as to nearly bar you from the industry to boot.

Not long ago I listened to a senior FO at a freight operator opine that the company needed to move him to their largest aircraft and make him a captain. He'd failed to upgrade and was considered by others in the position to know, not upgradeable, due to his attitude. He didn't see it that way. Only the best and the biggest for him...though everyone else had been promoted around him, and his position as the senior FO wasn't by choice.

So long as you think you have what it takes to be worth hiring into that perfect job, you'll go nowhere; you have to go put in your dues and earn that position. It's not hard to do, of course. All you are required to do is show up...but you quit, so no dream job for you. Dream jobs don't usually go to those who quit. Of course, you don't see it that way.

Even under the best conditions life as an airline pilot is far from easy.
How would you know?

You wouldn't, really.

The statistics bare out that plenty abandon aviation at all ages. There are other ways to earn a living that might be better for some. Why do you get so upset at a differing view? How is my contribution here such a threat to you?
https://grammarist.com/spelling/bare-bear/

You're no threat to anyone. Not remotely so.

Your "differing view" has never been one of contribution: your purpose here has always been to tear down the industry, and your statements are wild, unsupportable crazy ideas with statistics that are untrue, founded on lies, and filled with accusations, paranoia, and a twisted view of both the past and future.

You come here making statements that are blatant lies, and you've been called out again and again.

So long as you keep coming back to do the same, you may expect no different than what you've always received from a broad range of posters, myself included. You're a spade, and will be called as such.