View Single Post
Old 11-24-2018, 02:27 PM
Never2Late
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by Knudiee View Post
Sorry, I just saw your reply.
Nice! Stay safe!
I guess just the learning how to teach is the hardest for me. I don’t know what to expect on the ride, I wouldn’t be able to teach any lessons verbatim. I heard some examiners just want you to “teach without reference to your plans” I’ve also heard some allow you to “reference” them. I don’t know at all.

Did you make your own lesson plans, or did you purchase them?
I purchased them, I am going thru a small Part 61 school and they recommended the ones to purchase. they have put thru like 5 CFI students in the last year and all have passed so they are kind of just repeating the same steps (including using the same DPE). I hope I'm not the first one to get the pink slip! My test has been delayed a few times so I FEEL ready however totally concerned that I am "ready" by learning the wrong stuff and I get in there and the first question he asks, I have no idea about!

I have been told that you dont need to memorize much and it is essentially an open "lesson plan" oral but the more you have memorized, the easier it will be. Since my test is next Saturday, I have a lot of time with my instructor scheduled for Sun, Mon, and Tues of this week. After that, I hope I am really comfortable but we havent reviewed ground in awhile so tomorrow will tell me if I am going to be locking myself into my house for Wed, Thurs, and Fri reviewing!

When is your checkride scheduled for?