Old 11-25-2018, 09:37 AM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default I am glad

Originally Posted by velosnow View Post
Just wanted to touch on this point, it serves me extremely well as few of our friends have 9-5 jobs and all of the recreating we do is madness on the weekends. Ain’t no lift lines or busy trails on Tuesday! Plus we don’t have kids sooo there’s that.

Overall interesting conversation as the career can obviosuly have different impact for many folks. Those that get out have a whole different set of issues to contend with. I dig not being beholden to answering emails, phone calls, etc. on my time off that most jobs come with if you make any sort of decent money. I see my 9-5 friends busting their arse 60+ hours a week then sit in ski traffic on the weekends, dodge Jerry on the mountain and start over again on Monday. Not worth it to me.

Granted I worked Turkey Day this year, but I’m sitting in Beijing now having a had a fun couple of days exploring with a good crew and will head home for at least 9 days off with belated Friendsgiving followed by fresh tracks the rest of the week. Wouldn’t trade it personally.
Plenty are well suited for the sacrifises of the career. They may not have families to care for and are comfortable spending their days far from home among strangers. I am writing to those who want to be home, have relationships to maintain, and families to support.

Skyhigh