Thread: Why Republic?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 11:36 AM
TheWeatherman
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by dino87 View Post
I'm looking at sending out resumes in 4 - 5 months when I reach the required TT. My brother flies for American and recommended PSA, Piedmont and Envoy since those three have direct flows to American. He also suggested I check out Republic if I didn't like those three. I've learned HR and recruiting events are just another form of sales and they tell sugar coat everything

So, from those of you who work for Republic, why did you choose it over others.

How long can I expect to stay on Reserve?
After coming off of reserve, how many hours, (within the FAA limits), can I hope to get, (the more the better since I don't have a family to worry about and want to upgrade as quick as I can)

Note: I don't have anything holding me down to a location, so I have no issue with moving and I plan to live near my base rather than commuting.
I and others have already wrote extensively on the subject in multiple threads so I am not going to rewrite the book. However, I will say QOL and pay is much better at Republic then those flow airlines. So unless you really think you will need flow to advance, i.e. you have something in your past that will make it hard to get hired by a major or you are lacking a degree, I would pick Republic. I chose Republic over Envoy, Skywest, and Air Wisconsin last year and have not regretted it one bit. Especially when reading their message boards and talking to their pilots.