View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 07:06 PM
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger

Originally Posted by 4thgenaviator View Post
I don’t see what the big deal is. Everyone gets their panties in a bunch about losing triple premium but then won’t stop complaining about the crappy schedules or the crappy QOL. Wouldn’t you rather have a better QOL and better schedule every month than have a few trips worth triple premium? I mean for Christ’s sake you’re probably the same person that complains about people taking jobs because they offer better pay but “undermine the industry.”
I’m not really sure how jobs that offer better pay undermine the industry... care to elaborate on that?

I’d rather have better pay and QOL. If that can’t be achieved I’d rather have better pay so I don’t have to work at a second job.

Given the unions amazing performance achieving its mandate of increased pay and time off with the last TA, I very much see the union negotiating jobs away (thus increasing the time it takes for the pilot group to flow) vacation overlap AND triple Premium opportunities with no appreciable change in work rules so everyone remains stuck with 11 days off at 75-85hrs a month on trips with min turn overnights while the company gets to cut back on staffing requirements.

The quickest way to achieve better pay and QOL is to move on from Piedmont either via flow or OTS hiring. If the union is going to give the Company PBS, I expect no less than an increase in the baseline formula to increase our current flow to 10 per month in return which will bring the flow back down to the 6-7 year mark for new hires which is consistent with the amount of time pilots flowing today have spent on property.