View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 09:30 PM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by be76flyer View Post
I think you are missing my point, ask a guy at Miami Air, WGA or Air 21 if Atlas would be a step up for them and I am willing bet at least 99% would say yes. We have a lot of issues, a lot aren't going to be fixed with a new CBA as long as SL and JC are at Atlas. But as bad as it is at Atlas it is light years ahead of other airlines. I would say most I have talked to are ready to fight because they know how bad it can get if we don't win.
Originally Posted by WhipWhitaker View Post
^ truth. It’s not what it should be for sure, but for me at least it’s better than where I came from in terms of compensation, and time off. We don’t need to exaggerate to make our point that there are areas that need vast improvement to ensure the sustainability of the operation.
Yup. For sure Atlas is just great if you have been flying jalopies for 200 bucks a month. The problem here is that the new hires are comparing Atlas to where they came from and those of us already here compare it to where we should be. The fact that a guy has been flying open cockpit crop dusters and we have pressurization shouldn't be the metric by which we are measured. Atlas pilots will never get the contract that we deserve if pilots have no idea of their own worth.

I am reminded of a conversation that I had years ago when the captain of the United plane I was jumpseating on asked me if I would be willing to fly left seat in his 767 for 150 bucks an hour. As a brand new regional pilot I said "sure, I'd love to". He turned to his FO and said "See, THAT's what we're up against".

Know your worth.