View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 06:32 PM
DirtyPurple
Not a real airline pilot

Joined APC: Jul 2016
Position: Cargo > Pax

New & improved? Not even close.

The new website is an abortion. Just went through a buddy's app tonight, attempting to help him find and correct the myriad errors in the data "sync" that occurred from pilotcredentials. All I can say is wow. The data entry on the new site is incredibly hard to comprehend, and the drop down menus contain many choices that make no sense (my previous employer is frickin Flight Instructor or Air Force? Really?)

I kept losing track of which academic degree, or address the page was actually referencing because there is NO delineation between entries, everything just flows together in an indiscernible garbage format. The giant spacing in between the entry fields makes each page approximately 7 miles long. WTF. A year one web designer is taught to efficiently conserve space and take a look at the big picture. This was designed through a soda straw.

When pilots are asked to show attention to detail with every small item in a crazy airline app, we do it. When the app itself looks like it was constructed by a drunk 3rd grader, it's impossible to know if you've published (did it publish because I checked the Active box on the first page, or because I clicked publish at the end of the app?), 404 errors after it didn't correctly save changes, it honestly turns people off to coming to FedEx. This (like the Vector app) went live without the correct beta testing.

Friends spent days and weeks getting every detail correct on pilotcredentials, then without warning are never allowed to see that app again as the new website ****s all over the new app and created a nightmare of errors. Hopefully you had saved a pdf print of the PC app before this ****show went live and crushed all your hard work. If you did, it was pure luck, not because there was any notification from PC or FDX that a massive storm was coming.

I'm ****ed. It's honestly embarrassing. I tell guys what a good deal it is to fly for FedEx, all they have to do is endure the buffoonery of HR's initial thrust. There are some great people working in HR, so how does this crap go public?

/rant off