Old 12-03-2018, 05:31 PM
Wheelsoff
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2013

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
They know what "normal" looks like for various airframes.

In a case like you describe I *think* they would give you the benefit of any doubt, if everything else looked good and there was no indication that you weren't welcome back in your previous community.

You would want to be able to articulate why you made the move. "I thrive on new challenges" would probably be sufficient.

On the civilian side, additional type ratings increase credibility and app score.
No issue going back to my old airframe (i.e. I haven’t been banned from the island). The *only* reason I’m considering the switch is because it’s to fly the jet I always wanted to fly since well before UPT (unfortunately, no type rating for that jet...no civilian equivalent).

Just curious if it would be a good move or not. By my conservative estimate, if I 7-day opt my next assignment and stay in AETC until 2022, I’ll leave active duty with roughly 1,500 PIC / 2700 TT (it’s a grind at UPT!). If I went to the new jet, I have no idea how much time I’d net, but conservatively estimate 1,300 PIC / 3000 TT at completion of commitment.

Not sure if either is in the ballpark of what the legacies would consider “competitive” in terms of hours? As far as other application boxes to check, I do have my masters degree, FWIW...