Old 12-03-2018, 06:09 PM
TiredSoul
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

I know nothing about your son’s situation but let me be the devils advocate here for a moment.

Having signed a training contract and being pressured to break regulations are two completely unrelated items.

Did he sign? Yes
Did he receive the training? Yes
Was he provided with employment after completing said training? Yes

Contract states he agreed to stay for specified period of time after receiving specified training.

He leaves, he pays.

Don’t leave just refuse the flight.
Easier said then done but you can’t just pick up and leave with every little titbit.
Very much possible they would have left him alone from there on as being the ‘stickler’ and pressuring other pilots to take the flight.

I’ve worked for a company that did that.
They would back off as soon as you drew a line in the sand and they’d turn to the pilots that always said yes.
They made my life miserable as far as scheduling and giving away the sugar trips to junior pilots but hey I finished my year and walked away without a violation.

We all know flying without a working navlight or landing light is against the regs but it doesn’t make it as dangerous as going below MDA on a night approach.

Slippery slope I know but in real life 99% will take that flight out of a remote airport, not your MX base obviously.

Part of the maturing process of knowing when to say no and when to accept it and fight another day.
Is this a matter of “interpretation”?
DO says this is my opinion and it’s legal and pilot disagrees?
I would accept the flight once I’ve gotten an opinion from the POI.

‘Excuse me Mr DO, sir.......how does our POI Mr Allmigthy feel about this?
Would you have any objections if I ask him? What was his phone number again?’
Get any opinion from the FAA POI in writing.

Either stay and fight the system or walk and pay is what I say.

Sorry....