View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 07:58 AM
742Dash
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Retired

Different people want different things, which is a good thing. And I don't know enough about you or your situation to give definitive advice.

But have you considered a state university with an aviation program, or a state school located near a reputable Part 141 school?. Either approach would be more cost effective, but more importantly provide you with straightforward options in case you decide that aviation is not really your thing.

And while I don't put any stock on the value of the "college experience" as it is commonly meant (I was not paying for my kids to party), there is something to be said for being surrounded by lots of people who are not like you. It helps you learn and grow as a human being. And at ERAU everyone is going to be pretty much like you.

The good news is that you have lots of options, many of them good ones. It is a great time to be coming into the industry, and I don't think that the next recession [and there will be one] is going to change that.

Finally, whatever agreements/pathways that exist right now are probably going to be very different in 4 years. So don't get too far ahead of the process.