View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 08:20 AM
DaGreenBanana
No

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Seated

Originally Posted by CC268 View Post
Plan is to get Commercial, Multi Engine Commercial, then CFI. Then quit engineering and instruct full time at a local school. I'd like to get the hours as soon as possible. I think I might die of cubicle disease if I stay in engineering much longer.
What do you like about engineering, and what do you like about flying? What kind of life do you want?

There are people miserable with their life in the left seat making six figures just as much as there are people miserable in their corner office in middle management.

The key to life is perspective...sometimes you need to experience things yourself to fully appreciate, but for big job transitions it's in your best interest to try to understand it first before the jump, like you are, and take note of any red flags that pop up that you might be trying to suppress because you hate your current situation so much.

There is no perfect job, for most. At the bare minimum you should try working for a different employer before you fully commit and leave your current industry. Don't chase the money, engineering or aviation will pay well enough either way.

I've made a similar switch, feel free to PM me for more info.