View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 05:33 PM
av8r88
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Default Embry Riddle: to go or not to go

Hello all

I’ve been wrestling with the idea of biting the bullet and starting on the loan process to pay for Embry Riddle, which I’ve just been accepted to. I realize that total costs can exceed $100K, but everything seems to suggest that it’s ultimately a bargain. The strength of the degree and Embry Riddle training virtually guarantees hiring with a regional airline right after graduation. The Dean of the College of Aviation has said that one particular course in the program, which involves training in a CRJ simulator, makes graduates much more competitive, and they are hired after graduation with much less time than other applicants. This opens up the possibility of getting hired at a regional 1-2 years earlier than people without the Embry Riddle degree, and eventually making over $150K at the majors that much earlier.

Not only that, but according to the admissions department, people completing the air traffic controller program are being immediately absorbed by the FAA, and start out making $120K a year once they’re out of the academy. That minor, combined with the aeronautical science major, virtually guarantees solid, lucrative employment, and I think this is well worth the cost of tuition. I’d love for anyone with experience with this school to offer any input.

Thanks!