View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Airplaneflyer11
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Slightly tilted right and mostly asleep.

Originally Posted by BarrySeal View Post

Question: Will this result in a "Pilot Base" at AFW ? Is this Prime Air or another company (Amazon themselves, aka Amazon employee-Pilots?) doing this ?
Hey Barry, Thanks for your question. For what it's worth the ACMI world for the Prime Air banner is nothing short of a dumpster fire. At the moment ATI is doing a bit of flying under the ATSG umbrella as the ABX pilots are still being punished for the strike so we have a bit less than what the original gentleman's agreement had for us (Note: Never make a gentleman's agreement with ATSG). Also Atlas is doing a bit of the flying as well. I'd say between those two that is who you will see in AFW as Amazon is all about marketing and very little overhead (i.e. an airline with union pilots) so of course it will be Amazon painted airplanes and definitely NOT an ABX colored airplane. SO that being said there will not be a pilot because the resultant dumpster fire from poor management decisions (Which in my opinion is also coming from Amazon) has left all the airlines with the inability to expand pilot bases let alone maintain what they are barely holding onto. Hope this helps. Also, doing some picking around on APC will reveal just how out of control the dumpster fire is. Being in it I can't say it's embellished much and most all the ACMI's working for AMZ and DHL are pretty disgruntled in an epic way.