View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 07:52 PM
Flaps8posrate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Last summer, I flew a number of flights from DFW as well as PHX without operable electrically powered AC. At summertime temps, the PACKS aren’t very effective. I felt badly about it. Once, I had a guy come up at 1000’ AGL while on climb out complaining about the heat. (Dude, please sit down!”)
I didn’t have the opportunity to fly without pressurization, however I spoke to other Captains who had. In my experience, the previous poster about unsafe MX was out of line in his comments. I did, rarely though, catch MX errors in my preflights. That is what I was paid to do as a PIC. I didn’t ***** about it, I just did what was necessary to take care of it when it was found.
Furthermore, I was never “pressured’ to fly, as others allege to have been. Also, I made good decisions as to where I chose to land in diversions and never heard a peep about my decisions from any management.
Is BTQ the perfect place to work? Absolutely not, but I believe there are probably far worse in the 135 world. Choose wisely, or as my elders would say, “Pick your poison.”

Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I am assuming that post was about AC, as flying out of Denver in the summer can get pretty hot, especially with Boutique's conservative use of the aircraft's AC and janky ground AC carts.

I have seen temps inside the cabin as high as 48º C, and after an hour long flight with functional AC we were only able to get it down to 35ºC.

With no AC at all, it could absolutely be unsafe to fly in that kind of heat.