Old 12-14-2018, 05:10 AM
Vital Signs
whatever

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by BoilerUP View Post
UPS does that with every single pilot hired, regardless if their background is military, 91, 91K/135, 121 or a variety of some or all the above.

Think about it this way: by UPS creating a program for interns to go to AMF and gain real-world experience flying freight in twin turboprops before having the opportunity to wear brown polyester, they have created a small but steady stream of new pilots to fly their feeder aircraft instead of those former interns going to a regional airline to build the experience necessary to be considered for employment flying for UPS.

It is a win/win for UPS, Ameriflight and UPS interns alike - and for interns it is a moderate risk but extremely high reward proposition.

As to your question about 'what does the year-long internship consist of?', I cannot speak for the current program but as a former Training Center Co-op much of my duties revolved around program development.
I would hope UPS trains all of their people to 1 company standard but my point was why not start with someone who already has years of experience and knowledge versus someone who just now decided to get a pilots license?
From what I read here there are plenty of people with tons of experience who would really like to work there.
As far as the reward, all it says is candidates get an interview and ameriflights payscale is low.