View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 09:37 AM
Globemaster2827
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014

Originally Posted by maxjet View Post
K4 has applied to the FAA to go to the next level of aircraft expansion. This will require a commitment from the company in the form of more management and support personnel. They are making that commitment.

My opinion only. There has never been a better relationship between the Union and the company. Pilot life is very good at this time degrading from great before the expansion to just very good. This is because of the workload. Great for the wallet but can get a bit tiring. I do not expect to see huge pay raises in the next contract. I do see quality of life issues and retirement being addressed. Management seems to be aware that they will need to be able to retain their pilots if the market continues to prosper.

Those unhappy at Atlas. Please consider coming over to K4. We could use your experience. Don’t get too offput on the math as far as upgrade goes.

We have a lot of FO’s who will not be able to upgrade for quite a while. Not because they are not good pilots but because they lack experience in flight operations and have not done much to correct that.

There are also openings at this time in the training department. Recently that has become a lucrative way to go.
If I were on 2nd year pay on the 747 I probably wouldn't jump to K4 just because that's ton of movement and you'd only be a few months away from Captain at Atlas. A 767 FO might as well jump unless there's an imminent upgrade coming. If I were on first year or considering the two I'd pick K4. Atlas jobs are more readily available for obvious reasons. If I were on the bottom of either list I'd be wanting to jump to FedEx or UPS ASAP.